Today was our last official class day. We visited Buckingham Palace, had some reflection time at Green Park, and had a farewell lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe. Today was a really bittersweet day for me. I am glad to be getting a break from schoolwork for a while, but I am really not looking forward to leaving. I wish I could just ship my things and my dog over here from the US, get a job, and never have to leave. I have also made some really good friends while I've been here. We've taken naps in a cemetery, gone dancing together, made many inside jokes, and helped each other along the way. I hope these friendships last a lifetime and I'm already making plans to visit some of them. It really saddens me though to think that we may never all be in the same place together again. They are a huge part of the enjoyment I had on this trip, and I know it would not have been the same without them.
I have also experienced many amazing things while on my trip, things that I never imagined myself doing. I mean, how many people can say that their first kayaking experience was going up the River Thames to Parliament and Big Ben? I have also seen the crown jewels, taken a cruise down the Sienne, climbed to the top of St. Paul's Cathedral, entered the Bodleian Library, and so much more! These three weeks have definitely changed me as a person, all for the better. I can now navigate a big city with confidence and feel much more comfortable in my own skin. I've learned so much about myself on this trip as well as learning about digital media and London. This is an experience I will treasure forever, and I would like to thank the people that have made it unforgettable for me and who I hope to keep in touch with for a lifetime. So although we will part ways tonight and tomorrow morning, I know I am saying "until we meet again" to my classmates and to London. Until that time, thanks for the wonderful memories!
No comments:
Post a Comment