I knew London was a multicultural place before I embarked on my journey here, but I was surprised by just how multicultural it was. They call the United States the melting pot but I found Britain to be just as if not more diverse than the U.S. Today at the Tower of London I even met a very nice man who worked there from Jamaica. One of the best things about a diverse culture in a city is the amazing food. You get to try food from all over the world without having to go all over the world. At the two markets we have visited here I have seen Polish, German, French, Japanese, Lebanese, Greek, Chinese, Thai, Turkish, Spanish, Italian, Jamaican, Indian, and American food. I cannot say that I have tried them all yet, but the food that I have tried has been phenomenal. I was very impressed today with the variety of food you can get at the Borough Market, not just at the prepared food stands but throughout the entire market. There are cheeses, meats, jams, spices, fruits, and vegetables, that are not traditionally English sold at the market. I have also been excited about trying traditional English foods while I am here. So far I have had bangers and mash, fish and chips, scampi and prawns, and a proper English breakfast. London also has a large population of Indians and their food is very authentic and true to Indian food in India, so I was excited to try this as well. Here are some photos of the food that I have had the pleasure of trying during my time here so far. I cannot wait to experience some French food this weekend in Paris and to continue expanding my pallet as my trip continues. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment