So on my first time abroad I have decided that I want to experience as many things as I can while I'm here. Last week you may remember that I climbed 528 steps to the top of St. Paul's Cathedral to get an amazing panoramic view of the city. This weekend I checked off a major item on my bucket list and visited an EPL stadium. Well those feats seem minuscule compared to what I have accomplished today. After an amazing experience shopping at the Camden Markets Brianna, Jessica, Lauren, Melissa, Miguel, and I took a kayak tour for six miles down the Thames River in the heart of London! We kayaked all the way to the London Tower, Parliament, and Big Ben where I was able to snap this amazing picture:
I have never been an athletic person until very recently and I think calling myself athletic might be pushing it a little far. This is something that I never would have imagined doing in my lifetime, but how many times can you say you have kayaked down the Thames River in London?! It was an amazing experience that I will cherish for the rest of my life, even though I did complain for a lot of it (sorry again, Melissa!). It was exhausting work fighting the current upstream, but once it was all said and done I am so glad that I pushed my limits and accomplished this amazing feat.
Hopefully this trip will bring many more opportunities for me to push my limits and experience great things. I am open and willing to take the chance and acquaint myself with amazing and enriching life-long memories. Here are some photos of me and my companions before casting off. Enjoy!
I know how difficult it is to row and I'm proud of you for completing 6 impressive miles. So, glad you're pushing yourself to do new and challenging things. Thanks again for sharing.
ReplyDelete